Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nutella Mocha Hazelnut Filling and Buttercream Recipes!

Yesterday I boasted about my cupcakes I just made and had people inquiring to the recipe's.  Well friends I have no problems sharing them, as I myself rely on most of the ones I keep tinkering with solely because someone else in fact was kind enough to share it with me.  So it seems only fitting to pay it forward!

Nutella Mocha Hazelnut Filling

Ingredients

Nutella (small container)
2 packages of cream cheese (softened to room temp)
1 package single serve instant coffee (I used Taster's Choice hazelnut flavor)
1 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)

Instructions

Bring 2 packages of cream cheese to room temperature.  Mix on high speed (preferably in stand mixer) until smooth and fluffy.  Scrape sides and add a small container of Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, mixing slowly at first.  Add package of instant coffee and increase mixing speed and mix until fluffy.  Add optional toasted hazelnuts to mixture by folding them in with a spatula.

Refrigerate in a covered container until ready to use.


Nutella Mocha Buttercream

Ingredients

2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
4 cups confectioners (powdered, or icing) sugar (16oz box or 1lb bag)
5 Tbls of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Nutella
1/2 teaspoon salt ( use 1/4 teaspoon if using salted butter)

1 package single serve instant coffee (I used Taster's Choice hazelnut flavor)

Instructions

Place butter in a large mixing bowl, on medium speed cream until fluffy.  Add 2 cups confectioners sugar, salt, 3 tbls milk, coffee and vanilla.  Continuing on medium speed, beat until mixture is smooth. Add remaining 2 cups of confectioners sugar and remaining 2 tbls milk, beating until frosting is of a good thick spreading consistency.  Fold the Nutella into the buttercream until there are no more streaks.

*Makes about 3-1/2 cups of icing*

Now if you have to ask about the caloric content of either, then I suggest you don't because you won't like the answer, but these two used together with a devil's food or other rich chocolate cake, it is pure indulgence, and in my eyes, so worth it!  Then again that could also be why I could really stand to hit the gym! haha!

Hope everyone enjoys and if you do try it, let me know how it works out?  Did you add or subtract anything?  Most of all what do you think of it? I have only used it for a cupcake so far, but use of it in a cake is imminent.  I will report back with my findings and hopefully some reviews!




Have a great night everyone, enjoy your Friday!

Check out my website! Party Cakes By Steph

No comments: